neuroloop® develops a platform to stimulate the vagal nerve for the treatment of chronic diseases in connection with autonomous body functions. The core of our platform is a multichannel cuff- electrode based on thin-film technology that allows us to selectively stimulate specific fibers within the nerve.
neuroloop® is a spin-off of the University of Freiburg and the Freiburg University Hospital. Our partner and investor is Aesculap AG, a subsidiary of the medical device giant B Braun Melsungen AG.
Our first product, the baroloop® stimulator, is specifically designed to treat high blood pressure. Our primary focus is to provide an outstanding clinical effectiveness while minimizing risks and side effects for the patient, and a simple and safe use for the caregiver.
We are currently looking for the next possible entry in Freiburg i.Br. for a Data Scientist / Data Analyst (m/f/d)
You are part of a highly skilled team of experts developing methods to analyze data (primarily time series) recorded with our active implant. Based on the results, you design and develop methods for predictive analyses and for assistance systems that allow a better management of patients. Long term goal of the efforts of our data analysis team is the development of algorithms to improve and automate the stimulation our implanted device delivers to the vagus nerve.
You are part of a team working at the forefront of medical devices, developing the next generation of personalized, fully adjustable and automated peripheral nerve stimulators.
- Master degree in computer science, physics, mathematics, or a comparable discipline.
- Extensive and broad knowledge of mathematical methods to analyze data, ideally experience with time series measured in physiological systems (specifically electrophysiological data).
- Very good programming skills in Python and Matlab.
- Very good written and spoken English.
- It is advantageous if you already have experience in life sciences or in the field of medical technology.
An exciting activity in a young company developing the next generation of medical technology active implants.
- A dynamic, agile and international environment in a small team.
- A service-oriented competitive payment and flexible working hours.
- A start-up environment with short distances and quick decisions, but nonetheless with a big international player in the background.
If you have any questions, please contact Eva Schwab, phone +49 761 1543390.
Please send your complete application documents exclusively electronically in
PDF format (max 10 MB size) to email@example.com. Your application will be without saying treated strictly confidential and deleted after completing the application process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org